Friday, March 9, 2012

One day!

Yes, we are leaving tomorrow! Surprisingly, I'm all packed and ready to go. I guess that just goes to show how excited I am.

On Tuesday, our class met at Lu's house to partake in some homestyle Argentinian cuisine. Lu and her husband, Prof. Diego Nocetti, are both from Argentina. She made us a wonderful spread of empanadas, including chicken, cheese, beef and corn. They were truly amazing, and if all the food in Argentina is like what she made, we have nothing to worry about!

We spent a bit of time at dinner talking about what other foods we should try. Diego mentioned that at least one of us has to try intestines. Lu added that on her last trip to Argentina with students, a couple of students were fighting for the last one because that's how good they are. I guess I'll have to make my own judgments when I get the chance to try them.

Something else we discussed was the activities we may be able to do while we're in Buenos Aires. We'll have a bit of free time while in Buenos Aires, so we're considering going to a football (soccer) match, a polo or pato (the national sport of Argentina) match, or a ballet or opera at the Teatro Colon, the main theater in Buenos Aires that hosts world renowned productions. I'd be excited to see any of these, as they are all such a big part of Argentinian culture.

Our flight departs Syracuse, New York, tomorrow afternoon and after a layover in Atlanta, Georgia, we're taking an overnight flight to the capital of Chile, Santiago. So, the next time I blog it will be from Santiago! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment