Friday, March 2, 2012

One week!

Wow, it's hard to believe we're leaving for our trip in one week! I can hardly contain my excitement. Today we had out last official class before we leave. However, we will be having an informal "class" at Professor Lu's house on Tuesday night. She's going to cook some Argentinian food for us to really get us all in the spirit (not that we need it).

Today we watched a great short video on Perito Moreno, a glacier in Patagonia that expands over a river in Argentina over the course of 4-5 years and then, thanks to a lot of water pressure, cracks and falls apart. A few weeks ago, I actually gave a presentation on Patagonia for my class, so I know quite a bit about Perito Moreno at this point. The crashing of this glacier is supposed to be one of the most amazing sites in the world, and it just happened yesterday! Here is a photo of it: 


After that, we talked about everything we have to remember for our trip. I started making a list about a week ago and I'm going to try and pack very lightly so that I can bring back some great souvenirs for my family and friends. Our flight leaves on Saturday, March 10th and we will arrive first in Santiago, Chile the next morning. Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. Have fun, see lots, be safe! Take lots of pictures too! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete